Microneedling, or Collagen Induction Therapy, is one of the few non-surgical aesthetic treatments that produces dramatic results in as little as one treatment session, which is probably why celebrities like the Kardashians, Jennifer Aniston, and Brad Pitt, turn to microneedling as their favourite anti-ageing treatment.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be rich or famous to schedule an affordable microneedling treatment with our highly trained aesthetic specialists. You can achieve the same dramatic results from your microneedling appointments that celebrities rely on to keep them looking years younger.
MICRONEEDLING REJUVENATES YOUR SKIN FROM WITHIN!
Perhaps one of the reasons microneedling is so popular with celebrities is its ability to regenerate healthy, new collagen cells; not many treatments can offer this! Our microneedling device doesn’t just erase the signs of ageing, but it promotes new collagen cells to grow from within the deeper layers of your skin.
That means your skin retains its elasticity, similar to when you were younger and your skin was naturally full of collagen and elastin. These are the support structures that give you a more youthful appearance by keeping your skin firm and supple.
The Rejuvapen NXT microneedling device uses a group of tiny needles to create microscopic punctures on the surface of your skin at various depths. We know that the idea of creating tiny pricks in the skin can seem ominous, but the punctures are more like pinpricks that enter only surface-level deep. Although the punctures are small, they’ll be enough to jumpstart the production of collagen and elastin, resulting in a plumped, more youthful appearance.
This procedure takes just about 30 minutes, which is perhaps another selling point for celebrities with packed schedules!
ALL THAT GAIN AND NO PAIN!
When performed by a professional, microneedling is not an uncomfortable treatment. You may feel pressure and perhaps a warm scratching feeling as the device moves across your skin. This pressure will be more noticeable in areas where the skin is thin, such as the forehead and around the nose, but the numbing cream we apply at the start of each treatment does a great job of keeping our clients comfortable. They are often surprised at just how gentle the treatment is!
MICRONEEDLING MINIMISES SCARS, AGE-SPOTS AND SO MUCH MORE
Science has shown that microneedling can achieve positive molecular changes in the skin (dermal remodelling) and that total healing from a procedure usually happens within five days.
Meanwhile, research has shown the procedure to be safe and effective in treating the following skin issues:
- Wrinkles: A 2018 study found four microneedling treatments spaced out every 30 days to improve wrinkles, skin laxity, and skin texture.
- Scars: Positive results have been seen with atrophic (indented) scars from acne or chickenpox, hypertrophic (raised) scars, and keloid (raised and larger than original wound) scars.
- Stretch marks(striae distensae): A 2019 review of seven studies found microneedling to be effective in improving stretch marks.
- Patchy hair loss(alopecia): Microneedling used along with drugs like minoxidil has been shown to yield more substantial hair growth than using minoxidil alone.
- Grey or brown skin patches(melasma): One review of 22 melasma cases treated with microneedling showed improvement in all cases.
- Absorption of topical skin applications: One of the biggest purported benefits of microneedling is its ability to help products like serums and moisturizers penetrate deeper and become more effective.
Microneedling has proven to be effective in treating people of all skin colours.
And, while your skin may be slightly pink, as if you have a mild sunburn immediately following treatment, it’s the best time to let your moisturiser really sink in and hydrate your skin from within.
Our Rejuvapen NXT Microneedling device works very well as a one-off skin rejuvenation treatment, however for most clients we recommend a series of sessions for maximum results. The recovery and skin regeneration process can be aided greatly by adding an LED session to your Rejuvapen NXT treatment.
To preserve the results of microneedling, it is important to take care of your skin through limiting sun exposure(with sunscreen or wearing protective clothing) and through a conscientious at-home beauty routine.
Book a complimentary microneedling consultation today with one of our skin specialists to find out how it can benefit your skin.